I am officially 33 weeks pregnant! Holy moly! The baby is now the size of a honeydew...Your Baby: Month 8
18.2 in., 5.8 lbs.
Baby's senses are continuing to improve--when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs…time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.
I had my first baby shower on Saturday, Feb. 20 at Jim and Sue's. Megan, Misty and Maile put it on for me and it was fabulous. There were 24 people there and we were bombarded with wonderful gifts. It was great!Megan brought these delicious cakes from a place called Nothing Bundt Cakes in Reno. Red Velvet and White Chocolate Raspberry with cream cheese frosting. Swoon!
Maile, Misty, me and Megan
We got SO much stuff! We are very blessed!
At my last appointment, my midwife told me that I was measuring two weeks ahead in my belly, so she ordered an ultrasound. It was so great to see our little man and we got to see a great shot of his cute little face (to be posted soon)! The technician was able to tell us that he's measuring around 5 lbs. 4 oz. That's pretty much all she could say. I spoke to my midwife today, because I have an itchy rash all over my torso, arms, hand, legs and feet. I was treated at urgent care and given some medicine that I pray will help. This itch is out of control!
Anyway, little man isn't so little...he's in the 95th percentile! They are going to take a look at him again in three weeks to see how he's progressing. She also mentioned that I have a lot of amniotic fluid, but didn't elaborate to tell me what that means. We see her again March 4, so we will have a lot of questions at that time! Sounds like I'll have to do the dreaded glucose test again, blech. But, what ever is best for my son is what I will do!
Overall, I am doing really well. Things are getting cramped in my belly and the little guy is kicking me much more swiftly, but I am still really enjoying being a pregnant lady!
No comments:
Post a Comment