Jim is busy in his second year of refereeing football and really likes it. He officiated his first varsity high school game last night.
Landon continues to amaze us daily. His newest charming trait is to say "who, who, who" very breathy-like. We can't figure out if he's trying to bark like our dogs, bark like Husky fans, or communicate something totally different, but it's out-of-this-world cute.
I feel like there's so much to say, so I'll use some recent pictures for my update...
Hello Dawg fans! That's right, it's football season. Landon is a champ and has a blast at the games. There's almost too much for him to look at...he has a hard time falling asleep, but the rides home are usually really quiet. (Side note, I just got my hair cut short—it was time for a change—and I think it's super cute.)
We have a sitter! It took a lot of wobbling and a few face plants, but Landon has it down. The only thing he needs to work on is some gracefulness when he decides he'd like to go from sitting to laying down. Right now he resembles a slug.
Gulp, I'm 30! That's right, Oct. 6 marked the big day. The weekend before my birthday we took Landon to Sandpoint, Idaho for the weekend and stayed up at the ski resort. Since it's the off-season, it was so quiet and peaceful and very scenic. We stopped off in Spokane on our way and Jim showed us his old stomping grounds, including River Front Park.
Speaking of my birthday, my fabulous husband threw a surprise party at a local Irish pub in downtown Tacoma. Our immediate families were there and some of my best friends. We had great food, cake and drinks and I even had a personalized banner hanging on the wall! I was amazed that he was able to surprise me and I had a really awesome time!
Behold, the Great Pumpkin! Oct. 12 marked Landon's first annual trip to the pumpkin patch. We decided to take advantage of the nice weekday weather and hustle down to Olympia right after work instead of waiting for the weekend. There was hardly anyone there, which gave us ample opportunity for photos. Isn't he a doll? I think we need a few more photos...


Behold, the Great Pumpkin! Oct. 12 marked Landon's first annual trip to the pumpkin patch. We decided to take advantage of the nice weekday weather and hustle down to Olympia right after work instead of waiting for the weekend. There was hardly anyone there, which gave us ample opportunity for photos. Isn't he a doll? I think we need a few more photos...

My goal is to update our blog at least once a week. Ultimately, I want to use these posts to create a commemorative book once Landon turns one. He's growing and changing so much every day and, while we want to capture it, have been busy just enjoying it.
I took him to the Clover Park Homecoming Game last night with some friends and we had family pictures this morning (Christmas will be here before we know it and I'm psyched). We're off to the zoo tomorrow for Zoo Boo and headed down to Vegas to see Garth Brooks next weekend. (How many seven-month-olds can say they've been to Vegas?) So, in order to report on all of our adventures, I promise to be a better blogger.
I took him to the Clover Park Homecoming Game last night with some friends and we had family pictures this morning (Christmas will be here before we know it and I'm psyched). We're off to the zoo tomorrow for Zoo Boo and headed down to Vegas to see Garth Brooks next weekend. (How many seven-month-olds can say they've been to Vegas?) So, in order to report on all of our adventures, I promise to be a better blogger.
No comments:
Post a Comment