The Friday before Halloween Landon's school held its annual Harvest Carnival. This was the third year we attended and the first time Landon really enjoyed the games and the treats. He knows what candy is now and had no problem waiting in line for his turn to earn some loot!
Halloween was on a Wednesday, which made it a little tricky logistically. Luckily, everything went really smoothly. I picked up a pizza on the way home for a quick dinner. After we finished eating and cleaned up, Landon put on his costume—he's a big fan of the movie Cars and the main character is Lightening McQueen. His costume is a race car driver with McQueen and other characters on the front. A few houses on our street go all out with the decorating. One of them had a Mickey Mouse decoration that Landon was enamoured with, so that was our first stop. We went to seven houses and Landon made quite a haul. I was so proud of him. We'd been practicing saying "Trick or Treat," but I wasn't sure how he'd actually do walking up to a strange house and talking to a stranger. He was great and even remembered to say "thank you" without being prompted.
When we got home we handed out candy for about 30 minutes and then it was bedtime. To avoid the doorbell and dogs barking we put the basket of candy on our porch. Needless to say, it was gone very quickly!
A few other fun and random thoughts...
- Landon is really into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Disney Channel. We've also found lots of episodes on YouTube. He knows all of the characters and likes to do the Hotdog Dance at the end.
- He is doing a great job of relating one thing to another. He often says, "Momma, look at that...it kind of looks like" (fill in the blank) I'm always amazed at the correlations he makes.
- I have toddler songs on my phone that we listen to during our commute. He has his favorites and really gets into singing them. His current favorite is Little Miss Muffett, Hot Cross Buns and I've Been Working on the Railroad. We went out to dinner to have Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup). On the way there, he said "Momma, I'm going to have hot cross buns with my soup." Ha! I laugh multiple times a day at my son's humor and creative mind.
- Landon can count from 1 to 14 without any help! He knows all of the numbers from 14 to 20, but often mixes them up. We're working on writing and spelling his name and letters.








No comments:
Post a Comment